Skip to content

Messed up with Safana's quest

Hello,
I apparently messed up with Safana's quest. I looted the cave and used the tome of constitution BEFORE I talked to her. Now, after recruiting her, I tried entering the cave and open the loot (which is empty now) and then going out. She never triggered any dialog, thus I'm afraid she might be leaving for good. Problem is I need her to replace Imoen while I dual the latter to mage.
I'm playing on iOS, so editing is not really an option. Any advice?

Comments

• dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    This happened to me once and think it could have been because my character left her alone outside the cave while he did the killing bit and therefore he was 'alone' when he did the looting. I.e. although Safana was part of the party (of two) her portrait was not highlighted when the loot was discovered and therefore was not 'aware' that it had been found and her quest completed.

All of the above is pure speculation and could be complete BS but ever since then I have dragged Safana into the cave to witness the discovery and the dialogue has triggered every time.

This was the same run in which charname (a fighter/mage) left his armour in the cave having taken it off to identify the loot and only realised this after returning to Beregost - I really was having a bad day at the office that day!
  • ShikaoShikao Member Posts: 376
    Well, 'easiest' would be to load pre-cave save. If that is not an option at all or you don't fancy doing it again then save, waste ~10 days by sleeping/travelling and see if she leaves, this way you will know what to expect. I think her timer is 10 days.

And an option that just popped in my head though I have no idea if it will work at all... Put something in the treasure in cave, leave cave, reenter and loot. Maybe it will trigger her response.
  • MerinaMerina Member Posts: 303
    Sassaroli said:

Problem is I need her to replace Imoen while I dual the latter to mage.

Which thief level is Imoen at? If you dual her early enough at level 3, she will be capable enough as thief with regard to finding traps. And you don't strictly need Safana for anything. Although I like her, too. ;)
  • SassaroliSassaroli Member Posts: 12
    @Merina, thank you but I really need another thief while Imoen is getting experience as a mage. We currently are both level 6.

@Shinkao, sadly the "fake loot" solution didn't work, and Safana is really leaving after a tenday. I'm going to recruit another thief while Imoen gets her levels back. Maybe Coran will work, I'll soon get to Cloakwood anyway.
    Have you met Shar-Teel yet? She can dual to Thief. AR3500
  • SassaroliSassaroli Member Posts: 12
    Too bad she's evil... I have a reputation! Maybe Coran will do.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Why not clue console another tome of constitution?
    Sassaroli said:

Too bad she's evil... I have a reputation!

Think twice! A good thief? Even Safana is neutral.

Anyway, if Imoen is at level 6 already and hasn't regained her thief class yet, you will need another thief for a very long time. If she needs to become Thief/Mage 6/7, that is 20,000+60,000 XP, and she will stop advancing one mage level after that.