Skip to content

Getting Sharpshooter kit from Songs and Silence to work with IWD:EE

KeshavKeshav Member Posts: 8
Now that Songs and Silence (http://www.gibberlings3.net/sns/) has been updated for the EE engine, I figured I'd be able to get it to work with IWD:EE. In particular, I'm trying to get the Sharpshooter kit to work, but I'm having problems. The kit installs without any errors, but:

1. Although it shows up at character creation under thief, it's greyed out no matter what.
2. Even if I use EEKeeper to give a character the kit, while that character has the Sharpshooter abilities, the name and description of the kit doesn't show up on the character. It just has the normal name/description for Thief.

I've checked and the strings KITLIST.2da is referring to for the name and description have been added to dialog.tlk. So I can't figure out what the problem is.

Thanks.

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited December 2014
    It looks like you will need to update weidu for it. If you open the first zip file I've posted you'll find an exe file called "weidu". Rename the file to

setup-song-and-silence.exe

There should be a file with this exact name that you downloaded as part of the mod. You just need to replace it with this one.

Its also possible that it doesn't have an up-to-date version of fl#add_kit_ee.tpa. If that is the case then you'll need to locate that file and replace it with the tpa file I've included here.

Ohh and after this you'll have to reinstall the kit.
  • KeshavKeshav Member Posts: 8
    Thanks for the reply. I updated weidu and fl#add_kit_ee.tpa and reinstalled the mod, but it hasn't fixed anything unfortunately. I looked at the .tp2 file for the mod and the code for installing the kits looks pretty different from what I've seen before. Maybe I'll just have to wait for someone to update the mod. Thanks for your help though.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • KeshavKeshav Member Posts: 8
    I'll check it out, thanks!
  • EtherheadEtherhead Member Posts: 16
    Hey, I am trying to install the Song and Silence mod too. Although a year later, I felt this was the appropriate thread. In BG:EE my true class Bard's Song is NOT switching. Any tips? Oh, by the way, I'll probably tip you. Cheers.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.