Skip to content

#11013 Sorcerer spells should not be selected if the player backs out of the spell-selection screen.

GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639
edited December 2014 in IWD:EE Bugs (v1.4.0)
1. Start a new IWD game with a sorcerer.
3. Give the sorcerer XP via C:SetCurrentXP("5000").
4. Go to the sorcerer's Record screen.
5. Press Level Up -> Accept.
7. Select Armor. Do not press Done.
8. Press Esc to leave the spell-selection screen.
9. View the sorcerer's spellbook.

Observed:
Armor is in their spellbook.

Expected:
Armor is not in their spellbook.

Note:
If a spell is not highlighted when the player backs out, nothing is chosen and the player is prompted to select their spells the next time they visit the sorcerer's Record screen.

Original report:
There seems to be a current issue that if you decline learning a spell immediately after receiving the level up of a sorcerer character, you will be later asked again if you wish to choose a spell. After not making up my mind and declining a 2nd time, the level up icon disappeared and I was robbed of the chance of learning a new spell entirely.

For a temporary fix I was able to work around the bug by adding in a spell via EE Keeper.
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Hi, what happens is that if you have all your remaining spells highlighted when you back out of the screen, the game will act as if you've chosen those spells and add them to your spellbook. If you don't have all your spells highlighted when you back out, the game will continue to prompt you.

This behavior isn't ideal, so I've added it to our internal tracker. You still got a spell though, just perhaps not the one you wanted.