Skip to content

Book of Kaza

WorgWorg Member Posts: 170
If I was playing Pen and paper style, I would NEVER sell the book of Kaza. I would research and research until I unlock it's secrets and possibly go mad.

I think that the Book of Kaza should at the LEAST have curse upon it or a quest to uncover its secrets or just necromancers of a certain level can comprehend its contents.

Thoughts?

Comments

• ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Book of kaza was a cool idea - so were the nether scrolls. It would be nice to get something out of them other than a sex change :p
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    As a DM, I sometimes give players items like the Book of Kaza just to watch them scramble to figure out what it is.
  • SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    If it was PnP? I don't even sell it in BG2. I keep it in my planar sphere stronghold, with the intention of unlocking it's secrets after I'm done with the whole "child of Bhaal" thing, in simpler terms: it's on my "to do" list....
  • The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839
    Would be cool if it wasn't just a "junk" item worth some gold, yeah.
  • lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    Sceptenar said:

If it was PnP? I don't even sell it in BG2. I keep it in my planar sphere stronghold, with the intention of unlocking it's secrets after I'm done with the whole "child of Bhaal" thing, in simpler terms: it's on my "to do" list....

Try the PlanarSphere mod ;p You can obtain a scroll of Kaza to turn your main character into a lich if you're a mage of high enough level XD

• MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    Worg said:

If I was playing Pen and paper style, I would NEVER sell the book of Kaza. I would research and research until I unlock it's secrets and possibly go mad.

I think that the Book of Kaza should at the LEAST have curse upon it or a quest to uncover its secrets or just necromancers of a certain level can comprehend its contents.

Thoughts?

Agreed. It would be interesting to have a special Book of Kaza quest for Necromancers. Maybe they could be able to get a few quest-specific spells or an extra innate ability out of it or something.
  • Humanoid_TaifunHumanoid_Taifun Member Posts: 1,063
    If I remember correctly, the Gemjump spell scroll can be attained if you keep the Book of Kaza alongside the Boots of Stomping in your bag of holding until some point in ToB, when they trigger a special random encounter.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    Sceptenar said:

This is genius. I'm totally going to do this.