Skip to content

VARIMPRT.2da

So I read in the patch that VARIMPRT.2da will import any variables from saved games over into a new game. My question is, where do I find VARIMPRT.2da? I can't seem to find it in any of the folders?

Comments

• LupusNZLupusNZ Member Posts: 4
    Bump?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    edited December 2014
    There is a program you can use called Near Infinity. You'll need to launch the program and then "open" the game by selecting BG2EE's chitin.key file (should be in the install folder for your game). Once you've done that finding the 2DA file should be fairly intuitive (files are listed out alphabetically in the program according to their file type).

https://github.com/Argent77/NearInfinity/releases/download/snapshot-20141217/NearInfinity-20141217.zip

That being said what specific variables were you looking to import?
    I'm using the "The Baldur's Gate II Tweak Pack" found here: http://www.gibberlings3.net/bg2tweaks/content.php

There are a bunch of variables in there that I'm using which I'd like to transfer over to BG2 EE as I am coming to the end of the BG EE. With the changes the latest patch I'm interested in covering my bases to ensure the game continues on smoothly.

Thanks Elminster!
    @Camdawg would be the best person to ask here. Can you give a specific example of what you are looking to import?
    These are the changes that I have implemented at the moment

* Improved Multi-Player Kick-out Dialogues
    * Add Bags of Holding
    * Exotic Items Pack
    * Stores Sell Larger Stacks of Items
    * Shapeshifter Rebalancing (Weimer)
    * Romance Bug Fixes (Sabre, Richardson)
    * Imoen ToB Dialogue Fix (jcompton)
    * Allow Cromwell to Upgrade Watcher's Keep Items
    * Give Cespenar Cromwell's Recipes

You're a star El
    I think variables are more like mechanical means of storing information about quests you've completed or dialogues you've chosen. For instance NPC mods that have romances in BGEE can now have the fact that you've done those romances recognized in BG2EE (so the NPC would basically know that you were previously romantically involved with them).

What you are looking to do seems like it can just be done by installing the tweak pack on top of your BG2EE install, so modding varimprt isn't necessary.