Skip to content

New patch-mods don't seem to be working.

Downloaded quite a few mods going by the recommended mod list, and everything has been going swimmingly. When I booted up steam I noticed a install bar updating at the bottom and wondered if it was for BG2EE. Loaded up my game later to find a certain mod character named 'INVALID', and various quests of that nature. Seems like the patch update messed with the mods I currently installed.

Whats the best course of action now if I want to continue playing as is? I was thinking of uninstalling and reinstalling the game and following the same mod order I had before. I'm just wondering if I back up my save files if I can preserve my current playthrough.

So basically I'm wondering if its possible to preserve my currently playthrough.

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155

So basically I'm wondering if its possible to preserve my currently playthrough.

I am not sure about that.. You'll have to install the same mods in the same order.
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,434
    The dialog.tlk which contains all the game's text has been modified by the latest update. So even if you install your mods in the correct order you'll probably see mixed up lines of text in the game. I would strongly recommend to start a new game after reinstalling all of your mods.
  • Cosmic_FunctionCosmic_Function Member Posts: 2
    Yeah, did the ol' un-install/re-install method and it didn't really work. Certain mods just didn't work and the text was in the wrong places. So I'm starting a new playthrough. Only losing some early progress so I'm glad I'm not that far into the game. Thanks for the info guys.