Skip to content

Performance in android version on various devices

oldlamehandoldlamehand Member Posts: 39
I have tried Android version with saved games from PC version. On my device (Samsung galaxy S5 mini) the game is quite laggy. It seems to work quite fast after moving between locations, but later it slows down.

It seems the game is more fluent, when I zoom in.

The behaviour of interface is also a little weird. Sometimes it responds instantly when I click on some button, sometimes (especially continue button in dialogues with multiple options) it ignores the click and I must hold the button for while.

Is my device to weak? I know that S5 mini is not high-end smartphone, but it can handle games with much more advanced graphics than BG2 EE.
Post edited by oldlamehand on

Comments

• SionaSiona Member Posts: 79
    I'm not sure. I have a galaxy tab s 8.4 and it doesn't break a sweat. Have you tried a different launcher? Touchwuz sucks. Any apps in the background hogging resources? Tried a battery or phone booster? Cm can boost bg2ee by around 35 percent.
  • oldlamehandoldlamehand Member Posts: 39
    What are the hardware specifications, which should enable running BG2EE or IWDEE smoothly? Galaxy s5 mini has 4,5" screen. resolution 720x1280, Android 4.4.2, CPU Quad-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A7, GPU Mali-400MP4, 1.5 GB RAM.
    Even with touchwizz, there is always at least 500 - 600MB of RAM free before launching BG2 EE.
  • SionaSiona Member Posts: 79
    Hardware wise, the galaxy s5, even the mini, should smoke it. Try downloading cm cleaner and cm battery. Cm cleaner has a number of functions to speed up your phone in general, and has a special game booster that greatly boosts game speed when launched. The battery app is great at killing unneeded background processes that can hog resources like ram and CPU cycles. Without knowing your installed apps, etc this is the best advice I can give.
  • oldlamehandoldlamehand Member Posts: 39
    Even with Clean Master in boosted mode it is almost the same. The game is laggy especially when casting spells like fireball. If it is not a geral performance issue of my phone, I suppose, it is some compatibility issue.
  • RonnaannRonnaann Member Posts: 48
    It might be a good idea for us android users to give our specs and experience with the game...

I'm using a Galaxy S3 / Android 4.3 and the game is playing without any issues.