Skip to content

Patch 1.3 and mods

So, the patch removed all my mods. No big worry there. But I can start re-installing everything I want straight away, right? There'll be no compatibility issues with whatever was introduced in 1.3?

Comments

• Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    There might be compatibility issues if something has changed the dynamic of the engine that the mod may make use of. In which case, the author will need to update their mod to reflect these changes.

The best way to know, is to see what happens.
  • xzar_montyxzar_monty Member Posts: 631
    So, have a lot of people already experimented with this? Any experiences to share? I suppose @elminster‌ is already familiar with absolutely everything.
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    Don't know. *shrugs*

How about you experiment and let us know. :wink:
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316

So, have a lot of people already experimented with this? Any experiences to share? I suppose @elminster‌ is already familiar with absolutely everything.

Nah I don't have the answers you seek unfortunately. Only time will tell I suppose.
  • xzar_montyxzar_monty Member Posts: 631
    @Sylvus_Moonbow‌: I intend to, yes. Pre-knowledge wouldn't hurt, though. Like if someone has already noticed that the Amber mod turns Neera's every other magic missile into a teenage mutant ninja squirrel, or something.

I suppose we'll get reports like this in the coming days.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    With BP-Ascension, using the Slayer form and resting now instantly kills you. So there's that. :/
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    What about scs, the only 'must have cant play without' mod for me?
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    I'm very interested in Rogue Rebalancing, myself.
    Perhaps @AlexT‌ can shed some light on this? I installed the 4.80 Beta, but didn't get to test it yet. The installation went smoothly enough, at least.
  • YamchaYamcha Member Posts: 486
    shawne said:

With BP-Ascension, using the Slayer form and resting now instantly kills you. So there's that. :/

So Ascension is already working with BG2 ee ? It said WIP in the link list for ee mods ..
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,212
    Yamcha said:

So Ascension is already working with BG2 ee ? It said WIP in the link list for ee mods ..

Ascension is indeed a WiP, but there is another version of it that works SOMEWHAT; BP-Ascension, i.e. the Ascension component of the Big Picture mod. It's basically the regular Ascension but without full support for new NPCs (afaik anyway) and with several potentially game-breaking bugs still around (for me personally it crashes the game). So, if you're looking for a complete, bug-free experience, you'll have to wait for the "old" Ascension to be brought up to EE compatibility. Otherwise you're free to try your luck with BP-Ascension, for at least a partial experience. I believe that some of the bugs have been fixed via workarounds already, so you may want to check the BP forums or some such for info.