Skip to content

Patch 1.3 Available on GoG?

I was just wondering if anyone knew if that patch for the GoG version is available anywhere yet, or if it is still being worked on. Thanks!

Comments

• SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    edited December 2014
    Seeing as it uses the game's standard launcher and the standard launcher has access to the patch, yes, their version is up-to-date.
    Post edited by Silverstar on
  • MiraStastnyMiraStastny Member Posts: 813
    I don't think it uses standard launcher. I have GOG version and it's definetely not patched.
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Mirak said:

I don't think it uses standard launcher.

Not this one?

Should be an "apply update" button there if it's that one.
    Nope, it goes straight to the game where you choose from SoA/ToB/BP. I think the patch will be released separately on GOG, but Dee said yesterday it should be released "sometime today". Doesn't look like it though.
  • BelimosBelimos Member Posts: 2
    Ah, OK gotcha. Hopefully in the next few days then.
  • metromanmetroman Member Posts: 3
    HOW do I know that my GOG version is patched? The launcher goes right into the game, and the only display of a version # is almost totally blocked by graphics on the 'options' page. VERY frustrating.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    metroman said:

HOW do I know that my GOG version is patched? The launcher goes right into the game, and the only display of a version # is almost totally blocked by graphics on the 'options' page. VERY frustrating.

Your version would be patched if it shows the version number right at the top of the starting page. Like so.

edited December 2014
    I have the GOG version - this being a GOG topic. Mine doesn't show anything up there - SO how then do I go about patching? thank you
    edited December 2014
    metroman said:

I have the GOG version - this being a GOG topic. Mine doesn't show anything up there - SO how then do I go about patching? thank you

You have to download and apply patch separately. Go to your library on GOG, click on BG2: EE and on the right side of your screen, you should see patch 1.3 available for download.
    I JUST found it - on the GOG site, under Library chose the title and under the list of files is the Patch
  • ActarusActarus Member Posts: 78
    I cannot update the game. The patch tell me it's a 80mb update and that I don't have enough free space.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    edited December 2014

I have the GOG OS X version... I just downloaded the whole game anew, now on December 22. It tells me nothing about the version number, anywhere. Can I assume I have the 1.3 patch? That GOG isn't having people download outdated software?

Some way to verify stuff like this would be very useful...

Easy way to tell. When you click on Shadows of Amn or Throne of Bhaal are you presented with a screen (I think its titled "New Adventures") that shows Rasaad, Hexxat, Dorn, and Neera? If you are then you are still using 1.2.2030.
    Post edited by elminster on
  • AdsoAdso Member Posts: 122
    GoG only has the Windows patch listed, but not for OSX [yet?]. The up to date Linux version is there though :)
  • AdsoAdso Member Posts: 122
    I just got this from GoG:

Hello

Sorry for the late reply. The Mac version of the 1.3 patch that we have received, had some issues during our QA tests that prevented us from releasing it. We have contacted the Developers and are waiting for a fix.
    Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards