Skip to content

How Far Can You Get Without Reloading?

JorkanJorkan Member Posts: 74
After taking 10 years or so off from playing Baldur's Gate I purchased the game on GoG and rolled up a Paladin. I decided to play until I was killed the first time. I got to the Nashkall mine then died agasint the boss fight there. How far have you gotten before dying?

Comments

• FrozenDervishFrozenDervish Member Posts: 295
    Beaten BG1 with bard then gotten till the vampire den before heading to spellhold. Silly overpowered vamps and their level drain.
  • BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    i usually play a mage and typically die at the first xvart after gorion dies.

so i started to play a fighter/mage, and kill the first couple of xvarts, and as i gloat/teabag the corpse, a wolf comes along and kills me...... :)

seriously though, i'm not a meta gamer, even though i've played the game a dozen times, it's so big you can't remember everything. As a pure mage, i don't take monatron/xvar, so it's just me and immy. I get to the friendly arms and the mage there is always my first death.

as a fighter/mage, i always beat him, but the temple to the east of Beregost, there are dread wolves and vampiric wolves. I always forget that you need at least a +1 weapon to kill the vampiric wolves and usually die there the first time. :)
  • lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    Tarnesh
  • Gun19Gun19 Member Posts: 48
    Candlekeep.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    IIRC, the one time I tried it a decade ago the PC lost his life in the big battle in the bandit camp HQ tent.
  • ChippyChippy Member Posts: 241
    When I first started playing, I wanted my character to look cool so would never wear a bucket, err, helmet - after a while I realized those critical hits were more common than I thought, and my fashion sense was not a priority.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    Bassilus. Chances are if he gets a hold person cast I am done.
  • taletotelltaletotell Member Posts: 74
    A group of kobolds got me last night. I was a 2nd lvl cleric. I rested after helping prism. Bosses seldom get me. I plan well. It tends to the surprises that kill me.
  • NWN_babaYagaNWN_babaYaga Member Posts: 732
    I´m sure that CHARNAME will die very quickly once again. Whenever I start a new adventurers he never is the maxed out ercules and i enjoy some downsides here and there which is a heavy burden later on at times.
  • sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
    I've completed the entire saga without reloading using just a Blade (bard kit). I don't even want to think about how much money I spent on summon monster/fireball wands with that guy.

Since I became a consumables whore, the game got a lot easier. I think I hit the level cap in BG1 (using BGtutu) in like an hour because of protection from petrification protection from undead scrolls. Murder the basilisks, murder various hordes of otherwise dangerous undead.
  • cattlekillercattlekiller Member Posts: 55
    On a normal game I tend to die a few times on the 1st Orge outside of Candlekeep.
    I know I should not really mess with him being really low level just coming out of Candlekeep, but I cant help myself.