Skip to content

Epic Dragons

HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
edited December 2014 in Off-Topic
Due to the current ongoing discussion about divine summoning HLAs for mages and priests, I decided to do a little background reading about Planetars and Solars, which led me to the d20srd website...

I got the impression that the Solar was the most powerful individual creature/being I came across throughout my Baldur's Gate saga (excluding deities), and the most powerful individual I defeated (excluding Melissan because that required divine intervention) was Abazigal. According to that website, Solars have a challenge rating of 23, and (assuming he is an ancient blue dragon) Abazigal is around 21. Surely they are among the most powerful entities in the Forgotten Realms? (Again, excluding deities here.)

Apparently not...

A Great Wyrm Prismatic Dragon has a challenge rating of 66?! What. Is. That??
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/monsters/dragonEpic.htm

So... for D&D players among you. What is the most powerful non-deity we came across in the Baldur's Gate games, what is the most powerful non-deity individual or monster in the tabletop game? And what is the most powerful adversary you have defeated in your (tabletop D&D) games? Satisfy my nerd curiosity!

Comments