Skip to content

Anomen got too much experience when i pick him up

Hi,
i use the BG2 Tweakpack and used the option TOB-Style Characters.
In my party was only I and Yoshima when i picked Anomen. I am a Fighter/Mager (lvl 7/8 or 7/9) at that moment.
Then i went on to get Keldorn. The next Party member i tried to acquire was Edwin, and i therefore tried to kill the one wizard. I had trouble with the Stone golems, and so i looked up all my spells and realised Anomen was already 7/11 with over 700.000 Exp , Keldorn was lvl 9 with near 480.000 exp and the PC was i think together around 320.000 xp.

So i don't know how many Experience Anomen normally should have. Edwin on the other hand had only 161.000 when i recruited him.

Any Suggestion on how to restore Anomen to his normal progression? (EE-Keeper?)?

Comments

• BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @Matschdock‌ , I've had this same problem, even without any mods installed. When I recruit Anomen at the beginning of SoA, he often has well over 600,000 xp.

I usually use Keeper to adjust his experience down to match my main character's. (He already starts out with at least double the xp that your main character has, because he gets a free seven levels of fighter in addition to his cleric levels, making him one of the most powerful npc's, so he hardly needs hundreds of thousands of bonus xp on top of that!)

I don't try to tweak his spells, thac0, saving throws, etc. down to the appropriate level, because that would be too complicated to try to do for me, and I think it would just be a big mess. But, by adjusting his xp down to an appropriate number, at least he won't gain any more levels until your other characters catch up.

I have no idea what causes the extra xp for Anomen - I've found that the bug, if it is one, behaves very inconsistently from playthrough to playthrough, both with and without mods. It happened in the original game, too, before the EE's.
  • xzar_montyxzar_monty Member Posts: 631
    The extra xp Anomen always has was a desperate attempt to compensate for his character. I believe we can all conclude that it failed. :-)
  • MatschdockMatschdock Member Posts: 14
    Sorry for the late response. But i deciede to play on with Anomen and his "Experience Buff", making him very powerfull with Flail of Ages and all his buffs.
    I have no problem with that, i want to got through TOB and therefore it's not bad to have some extra xp.

@xzar_monty‌ I like Anomen and his personal quest. There are many of the femal charcacters i can't stand, but i think that's just personal taste.