Skip to content

#11101 Enemies should not get stuck when attacking party members

argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
edited December 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.3.2064)
This is basically the same issue as reported in the BG2:EE open beta.

How to reproduce:
1. Find a group of enemies
2. Lure an enemy out and kill it
3. Enter the visual range of the remaining enemies

Observed: After luring out and killing an enemy of the group, the remaining creatures are stuck in their movement when you enter their visual range.
Expected: Depending on their battle scripts, enemies start attacking their target when you enter their visual range.

The creatures are twitching as if they are stuck in their movement which leads me to believe it has something to do with the improved pathfinding algorithm. It doesn't work equally well with any type of creatures. I've noticed this behavior mostly with shadows, and sometimes with groups of goblins or gibberlings. Saving and reloading solves this issue temporarily.

To reproduce this issue in the attached save, lure one of the shadows to the east out and kill it. Afterwards enter the visual range of the remaining shadows to observe the abnormal behavior.
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Tagged
    Thanks
  • LioraValkyrieLioraValkyrie Member Posts: 17
    edited January 2015
    Is this a problem for anybody else? I experienced two or three unmoving shadows/shadow fiends on the way into the beholder cultists' lair; the issue is very prominent outside the Temple Ruins near Umar Hills. They are clearly marked as hostile but you can walk right up to them, and they just stand there and look at you. However they DO attack (but are still glued to the spot) when engaged in melee combat. No problem at all with shade wolves in the same area.

See the screenshot below where Val cosies up to one of the unmoving undead:
    Post edited by LioraValkyrie on
    Were you drawing them out 1 at a time @LioraValkyrie‌ - can you look at this report as it sounds like it could be the same issue.
    Thanks

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/38086/11101-enemies-should-not-get-stuck-when-attacking-party-members
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    edited January 2015
    Having checked the link mentioned above, exactly this has just happened to me in the graveyard tombs while looking for Korgan's book (lousy syntax, sorry).
  • LioraValkyrieLioraValkyrie Member Posts: 17
    @Gate70‌
    Yes, this sounds like the same sort of thing as in your link. Though I wasn't deliberately luring enemies, the shadow in the screenshot above is one of a group of enemies and, due to the angle of the room, I had indeed killed others before this one reached visual range hence creating the conditions described by @argent77‌

Thanks for your attention.
    Merging threads
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    This happens to me all the time. Is this going to be fixed in the next patch?
  • MaxxximusMaxxximus Member Posts: 322
    Adul said:

This happens to me all the time. Is this going to be fixed in the next patch?

yes this is some-kind related to pathfinding issues which will be fixed in the 1.4
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    Great news, thanks!