Skip to content

Wilson the bear not appearing?

I followed this path:
- recruiting Rasaad
- getting to the Twofold temple
- talking to the guy guarding the bear and convinced him to free the bear
- finishing up the Rasaad quest (I had no idea at the time bear was recruitable)
- going to Wild forrest
- getting to Hidden Refuge
- getting the quest from Zaviak
- traveling around a bit and trying to find the bear
- searching internets on how to finish this quest - I found out that bear should be at the starting point of heretic temple location, except he's not there.

So my question is did I follow some path that Beamdog haven't anticipated and somehow messed the whole quest? (I mean, I don't think that my path is all that obscure, so it baffles if it is indeed the case after 1.3 patch)

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited December 2014
    You have to talk to the bear and ask if it wants to join you before convincing the guard to release it. Also the hidden refuge quest isn't required to get or keep him in your group.
  • MiraStastnyMiraStastny Member Posts: 813
    elminster said:

You have to talk to the bear and ask if it wants to join you before convincing the guard to release it. Also the hidden refuge quest isn't required to get or keep him in your group.

Oh, I see, thanks.

Yeah, hidden refuge quest may not be required, but it's kinda only clue that tells you that this particular bear could be somehow special.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Yea frankly I think they should loosen the requirements to pick him up. Merely getting him freed should be enough for him to talk to you later about joining.
  • MiraStastnyMiraStastny Member Posts: 813
    elminster said:

Yea frankly I think they should loosen the requirements to pick him up. Merely getting him freed should be enough for him to talk to you later about joining.

Exactly. I would understand it more, if this character wasn't tied to some other quest and was simply a cool secret, but to get a quest that you can't finish anymore (even though you didn't kill a quest related character) is kinda annoying.