Skip to content

AC of monks V1.3

Hi all,

In the previous BGEE/BG2EE version there was an issue when importing monks because their AC was handled differently in both game :
- in BGEE, they get a bonus to their base AC, making it cumulative to bracers, potions of defense,....
- in BG2EE, their base levels improves (making it not cumulative to bracers and such, which make them a lot less OP)

When you imported, you got the benefits of both : you kept the bonus from BGEE (something like +5 IIRC), and, upon reaching level 10, the base level was changed, in accordance to BG2EE way. This lead to having a permanent +5 bonus to AC making monks virtually immune to physical damage

Anyone know if this has been fixed in patch 1.3?

Comments

• pixie359pixie359 Member Posts: 251
    I happen to have a level 6 monk in BGEE, and they have a natural AC of 10, a dex bonus of -4, and a bonus (presumably kit related) of -4.

I have just created a level 7 monk in BG2EE, and they have a natural AC of 6, with a dex bonus of -4.

Does anyone know if this is the intended behaviour?
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    Creating a new monk in BG2EE will not answer the question, as that is different from importing an already started monk with their bonuses. A fair test would be to have your monk drop all of their kit in BGEE, and then export the character, and then import that character into BG2EE and compare the AC stat. Your monk may gain a level to hit the base level for BG2EE, but a pronounced improvement in AC would indicate the bug remains.

I can't do this test myself as I am waiting for the 1.3 release to hit the Mac App store, but hopefully there are enough folks reading who can perform this test and give the result.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Behavior still repeats itself on a switched basis.