Skip to content

Crashes

I installed the 1.3 release. So far I've had two crashes for the same reason. My system gives the following reason: "Error: 404: Page not found". When I click on the Beam Dog window that comes up, the little Beam Dog character gives the following information: "uh roh Sorry man, I've searched high and low for /support/783?error=-805306369&lang=en, and I just can't find it."

First crash was 12/29, second happened today 1/1/2015. Anybody else with this problem? Anybody understand what Beam Dog's message means?

Tried e-mailing with the problem and got back a silly reply that referenced a message I had sent over a year ago about Icewind Dale. No help there. Where does one go for help if not Beam Dog???

Jan C. (aka Bltzftz)

Comments

• domeplsffsdomeplsffs Member Posts: 36
    How did you try to apply the patch? From what i understand you're running a version bought directly via the beamdog page. Have you used the official app to update? Btw, the 404 Error should not be related to your BG2:EE application since it's a basic browser error message. Oh, and when do the crashes occure? When trying to start BG2:EE?
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    Have you by chance played any multi-player games? It kind of sounds to me like you've been hacked. As domeplsffs points out, an Error 404 message is an Internet thing, which shouldn't be coming up if you're playing the game.