Skip to content

New NPCs and Journal

BowieFunesBowieFunes Member Posts: 12
Hi everyone. Some time ago the spanish translation of the game came out and i decided to try it out. Of course, the work is perfect and i didn't expect anything less from Clan DLAN. Had some troubles to launch the game but i solved them eventually, but that's not why i'm making this thread.

Before you read this wall of text...
tl:dr: is there any way to remove the extra NPCs from the game, along with their quests and journal entries?

Now...

I created a new game and after entering the Coppers Coronet i faced this girl Hexxat which added an entry to my journal, even when i ignored her completely. I tried to remove that entry and i couldn't, so i decided to follow her to see if completing her quest would release me from that evil pages in my journal.
So i went to the tomb, killed the stuff, found the truth of her mission and all that. Result: like a million more entries in my journal, all impossible to delete. I made that awful girl taste my steel to see if something happened, and my character didn't considered it an important event because nothing else was written on the journal.

Now, here's my situation: while i do like both BGEE and BGEEII, i hate those new NPCs. I don't like their stories, their voices, their conversations, and i feel like they're out of place. I like to relive my experience with the game, but when i see those people it just kills it for me. And if there's something that really pisses me off, is watching my journal with incompleted entries. That's more like a crazyness thing, but i swear i cringe everytime i see my diary with stuff that i don't want to be there, i'm a very RP player and i even write stuff of my own just for the sake of nerdiness.

Is there any way to remove the new NPCs from the game? Like, make them optional or something. I mean, my conversation with a friggin vampire was 80% made of puns, it was ridiculous and felt totally out of place.
You can say "just ignore them", but even when i tried to talk to Bernard in the Copper Coronet the first time this girl kept talking to me for no reason, and adding an entry to my journal that i didn't asked for. I had a similar experience in BG:EE with the half-orc and the wild mage girl, and i just wanted them to NOT be there.

My english is not very good and maybe my post gets misunderstood, so i want to clarify that this is not something to put down the work of the staff at Beamdog, it's just that i don't like that extra stuff in the game. I don't even use any addon that adds new quests or things that weren't made originally by Bioware.

Thanks for reading!

Comments

• WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    I don't think there's a way to remove them. Unless someone has made a mod that does just that.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    One can edit the area files/scripts they appear via dltcep, to simply delete them from their place. Or you can enable the cheats and just ctrl+y them to death the instant you see them.
  • YannirYannir Member Posts: 595
    Don't worry, your english is excellent!
  • BowieFunesBowieFunes Member Posts: 12
    lunar said:

One can edit the area files/scripts they appear via dltcep, to simply delete them from their place. Or you can enable the cheats and just ctrl+y them to death the instant you see them.

That's interesting, can you tell me more?
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Umm dltcep is a game editor that allows you to edit basically everything in your game. It is easy to use/learn I myself learned a lot by myself by experimenting and editing different items/spells/creatures, adding new monsters and treasures to areas, etc. I can not give a full tutorial on how to use it but you can download it and have a look.

As for cheats, here is how to enable them:
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/12992/working-cheats-for-bg-ee
    Ater enabling the console via baldur.ini, load your game, ctrl+space to open the console, and then enter
    CLUAConsole:EnableCheatKeys() and press enter. From now on you can use cheat keys, one is ctrl+y which will insta kill any creature your cursor is on, you can decimate ee npcs the second you see them.