Skip to content

Journal entries

So I sucked it up and got both enchanced editions of bg and bg2, and wondering why i waited so long... im only working thru bg1 at the moment, but its such a nicer gameplay experience compared to original, which i was playing thru up until a month or so ago...

I have noticed an issue with my journal however, and apologies if these have been covered in previous posts... i have looked online and in the forum and wasnt able to find exactly what i was looking for...

There are a couple entries that appear once quests are triggered, however, the quest was already done... Most notably in my game, was in Firewine...I went thru the dungeon via Gullykin, slaughtered all who dared stand in my way, gave the ghosts the armor and left, and now am exploring the actual bridge area... I got Poe to tell his story, and now I have the journal entry for what I imagine is the ghost quest - poe's tale of firewine.

Any way of removing journal entry, either thru a mod or the like? Also, is there any way to delete a user entry? I know that in bg2 original you could - unless i am thinking of something else - but i cannot seem to find a way to do it here...

Input is appreciated :)

Comments

• MerinaMerina Member Posts: 303
    Some journal entries are only cleared - without an extra reward - when talking to the right person. For example, the entry for Nashkel Mines when returning to Emerson waiting outside near the entrance.

One halfling in Gullykin also responds to you with a happy message when returning after having cleared the Firewine dungeon.

In other cases, I'm certain there are some harmless bugs left related to the journal.