Skip to content

Quick Blackrazor/Ranger viability questions

I'd like to know if Rangers fall if they take Blackrazor, and how viable is it in ToB compared to other long and bastard swords?

Comments

• BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    Taking the sword (or any other evil solution) would make your Ranger become of evil alignment, and I think he'll also fall. Your best option would be to have a Thief picpcket it from the genie (unless that's no longer possible in EE).

It's a great weapon, both in terms of what it does and imo also in terms of its 'feel'. Its major drawback is that its enchantment is 'only' +3, which is isn't ideal in ToB (and a bit off-putting given the number of +5 weapons available in that game). Nevertheless it's still useful against most enemies in ToB.
  • FallenAasimonFallenAasimon Member Posts: 29
    edited January 2015
    I'm interested in playing a NG Stalker swordsman and I'd like to take the sword. Turning evil makes sense and I'd enjoy it from a roleplay perspective (it reminds me of Stormbringer, a very evil black sword wielded by Elric of Melnibone), but falling and losing my powers is too much damage and I'd probably ditch the idea.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but "Falling" checks for reputation (<=4, if I'm not mistaken), not alignment.
  • YannirYannir Member Posts: 595
    You will basically only lose your druid spells if you fall while playing a Stalker. A Fallen Ranger is not a bad play whereas a Fallen Paladin or a Blackguard is just broken.
  • fanscalefanscale Member Posts: 81
    Just pickpocket it. There are a lot of situations where you can gain something without losing. The fear trial can be beaten by casting resist fear.
    In the kidnap trial, have the kidnapped person quickly run to the right door.