Skip to content

Stalled Jaheira romance....

withnailwithnail Member Posts: 67
I was under the impression that the various bugs with Jaheira's romance had been fixed and that after leaving Ust Natha and getting back to the surface, it would restart. Well, I have been back topside for about 25 game days and still nothing. :-( While I am going along, finishing quests, it seems the Harper sub plot (and thus the romance) has stalled.

Here are my variables, as per EE Keeper:
JAHEARABANDITPLOT: 9
JAHEIRAMATCH: 1
JAHEIRARELEASED: 1
JAHEIRAROMANCE: 1470567
JAHEIRAROMANCEACTIVE: 1

I did test it and change the Bandit Plot variable to 8, but the game restarted as if she had been already abducted by Ertof and I had already saved her, so I am worried I'll miss something important...
Any ideas?

-M

Comments

• withnailwithnail Member Posts: 67
    So I ignored the Bandit plot (Jaheira still has never been kidnapped) but everything else (locket, fighting the Harpers) and the Love Talk seems to be progressing.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    Before you changed the variables, had you tried resting out in the wilderness? Doing that is necessary to trigger the bandit plot.

One of the problems with all of the romances is that they often require resting in an inn, resting outside, resting in a dungeon, entering/exiting a specific area, or other specific things that a player might never do, in order to progress.
  • withnailwithnail Member Posts: 67
    Yeah, I did. I have a pretty detailed walkthrough in case I run into a problem and I followed the instructions and even tried resting 6-8 times in a row, in various places. No luck.
  • GlidderdustGlidderdust Member Posts: 70
    I completed the Jaheira romance in SoA by using the console and moving the real time timer thing ahead to trigger certain events.

It actually worked unlike the vanilla game I had.