Skip to content

Getting a kit mod to work with IWD EE

AudacesAudaces Member Posts: 57
So, I've wanted for quite some time to try this kit (Morituri) in IWD EE:

http://chosenofmystra.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=142

Thing is, it won't work with IWD. I recall someone saying that it takes only a small modification to make this work, because the engine is basically the same. I have next to no knowledge about scripting, so could I ask anyone to modify this and upload it on the forum?

I wouldn't be asking this if the changes that need to be made are big and/or time consuming, so if my assumption is wrong, sorry about that and let's forget the whole thing.

Thanks in advance to whoever feels they can spare some time to help out the community :)

Comments

• smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Took a glance at the code, it might only take using an updated Weidu.

download weidu here and run it in the folder that has setup-morituri.exe
    http://www.weidu.org/~thebigg/
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Replace the morituri.tp2 file with the one attached to this post and place the file fl#add_kit_ee.tpa (get ithere) in the morituri folder.
  • AudacesAudaces Member Posts: 57
    Thank you both for the effort - however, I still can't get the mod to work. I've replaced the morituri.tp2 file with the one @CrevsDaak provided and added the fl#add_kit_ee.tpa file to the mode folder, but the kit is still grayed out on character creation.

However, I tried further. Opening the Kitlist.2da I found that Morituri had no Kit.ids value added. So I opened that file, found out that the value was 0x402a and added it to Kitlist.2da in the appropriate format (so it became 0x0000402a). Still, that was to no effect.

The kit name is grayed out when I choose human as my race, and it's a similar situation as with the Dwarven Defender - when I pick any other race than dwarf, the DD kit is grayed out. So it would look like I cannot pick Morituri because I am using the wrong race - but it's humans only, and I can see it only when choosing human. Perhaps something has changed with races in IWDEE? Just a shot in the dark...

I'll just add that I'm on a Mac, but that shouldn't change much because I've been able to use all EE compatible mods so far.
  • AudacesAudaces Member Posts: 57
    That worked - thanks a lot!
  • VeskoVesko Member Posts: 28
    It worked! Wooooohoooooo!!! I installed mod, replaced 2 mentioned files, didnt use weidu btw, and then again reinstaled mod. If i didnt do reinstall it would still stay greyed out at char gen screen as posted previously. TY all for advices! :-D