Skip to content

Script identification

MeyahiMeyahi Member Posts: 143
I've been playing in English for quite some time now but I orginally started playing BG(2) in French and though it would be a nice chance of pace. Since the translation in not yet complete, I've installed an incomplete tlk but it's good enough.

My only problem is that the game crashes when I open scripts for NPCs. Since I can select them with EE keeper, I would like to know if there is a way to identify scripts outside of BG:EE so I can change them.

@Isaya‌ @Troodon80‌

Comments

• BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    If you install Near Infinity

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/30593/new-versions-of-nearinfinity-available#latest

You'll be able to access the scripts directly.
  • MeyahiMeyahi Member Posts: 143
    edited January 2015
    Thank you, it helped a lot.

My first guess is that the Solaufein scripts are crashing the game. I'll try and delete them to see if it works (and they're super OP anyway).

Rechecked (all) scripts with infinity engine and I get 12 errors (related to Solaufein) and 864 warnings. Guess I'll have to uninstall the Sola mod and replace him with multi class Xan, wanted to try it anyway.

Edit: It doesn't crash anymore. I'm sad I lost my romance (and the eclipse battle) but whatever.
    The error log in case someone can help:
    Result of script check
    Number of errors: 12
    File: SOLACUT1.BCS Error: Invalid area string: S:Area* - "sola0001" Line: 17
    File: SOLACUT1.BCS Error: Invalid area string: S:Area* - "sola0001" Line: 18
    File: SOLACUT1.BCS Error: Invalid area string: S:Area* - "sola0001" Line: 19
    File: SOLACUT1.BCS Error: Invalid area string: S:Area* - "sola0001" Line: 20
    File: SOLACUT1.BCS Error: Invalid area string: S:Area* - "sola0001" Line: 21
    File: SOLACUT1.BCS Error: Invalid area string: S:Area* - "sola0001" Line: 22
    File: SOLACUT1.BCS Error: Invalid area string: S:Area* - "sola0001" Line: 23
    File: SOLACUT1.BCS Error: Invalid area string: S:Area* - "sola0001" Line: 24
    File: SOLACUT1.BCS Error: Invalid area string: S:Area* - "sola0001" Line: 25
    File: SOLACUT1.BCS Error: Invalid area string: S:Area* - "sola0001" Line: 26
    File: SOLACUT1.BCS Error: Invalid area string: S:Area* - "sola0001" Line: 27
    File: SOLACUT1.BCS Error: Invalid area string: S:Area* - "sola0001" Line: 28

I delved deeper by checking unknown IDS references for BCS and BS file and removed erroneous spell references for Sola related scripts and it still crashes on in-game script menu.
    Post edited by Meyahi on