Skip to content

TOB ending (spoilers)

Hi all, Just a question bhaalspawn heritage really. At the end of the game, if you decide to become mortal give up your godly essence, do you lose your bhaalspawn abilities? Ie protections, stat increases from hell etc? When sarevok was reborn if you choose to in pocket plane he comments he can't power his weapons and armour with his divine essence anymore. This is interesting because, if you think about it he still retains his yellow bhaalspawn glow in his eyes. Aside from this, if you notice, all the bhaalspawn with a decent chunk of essence have high rolls. Sarevok totals 95, even imogens is 87, five (if you look on shadow keeper) are all decent. You can attributes this down to being part god surely? When sarevok was resurrected his stats were still awesome. Makes me question How many perks the pc would lose if they chose a mortal life. The other reason I ask is because if for example the pc was a sorcerer (tapping into his/her divine being to cast magic) - I'm picturing a scenario where after the pc loses their bhaal essence they not only lose their godly abilities bit their spells as well?! Sarevok iirc even said he faced his own test before but I'm guessing he lost some of the result. Anyway, thoughts on this?

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    edited January 2015
    This is interesting because, if you think about it he still retains his yellow bhaalspawn glow in his eyes. Aside from this, if you notice, all the bhaalspawn with a decent chunk of essence have high rolls. Sarevok totals 95, even imogens is 87, five (if you look on shadow keeper) are all decent. You can attributes this down to being part god surely?
    I don't know if you can attribute good stats to the fact that they are bhaalspawn by itself. They just happen to be the most capable as far as bhaalspawn go (many would have been killed by that point). I believe Nalia also has an 87 total, Dorn has I think 90, Keldorn is 89, Yoshimo has 88, and Jaheira is 88. Sarevok in particular is also a deathbringer, which explains his glowing eyes.

As far as I know they would lose all powers related to being a bhaalspawn. I don't know if there has ever been an official explanation as to whether or not you'd keep your powers. There might be some mention of how things worked out for Abdel in Murder in Baldur's Gate.