Skip to content

Question on final tob battle - spoilers

WilkoWilko Member Posts: 19
Is it possible to solo the last battle without wish with a spellcaster (melissan)? People always say the usual high wisdom and wish to remember spells as if rested but there must be another way. Also, is it possible to solo the whole saga with a vanilla warrior class I. E ranger no kit?

Comments

• AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376
    Answer is "yes" to both. Every vanilla class has solo'd the whole saga under pretty much any parameters you can imagine.

For the last battle with Melissan, you should be able to do that pretty easily if you are creative. Some other ways of conserving spells other than wish rest may include scrolls, items, simulcrums, projected images, etc. If you don't have an objection to the wish issue and just have a low wisdom, you can also use a potion to get your wisdom to 18 and then use the wish rest too (or really game the system and use a projected image that uses the potion and then wish rests).
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Yes. I did it once with a solo sorcerer, so I applied the simulacrum+summon planetar strategy . The whole gang of planetars did the job on her.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    I'm pretty sure they fixed that exploit in EE haven't they?
  • AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376

I'm pretty sure they fixed that exploit in EE haven't they?

No, they haven't. You don't need it, though, even if you limit yourself to one Planetar summons. A solo sorcerer can project image or simulacrum and summon mordy swords and Planetars repeatedly. I completed the Melissan fight this morning on EE and limited myself to one Planetar at a time but did that voluntarily. I tested and could summon an unlimited number (or at least I stopped at around 6 for the test).
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    Yes it can be done with a warrior. There has even been a succesful no-reload Wizard Slayer solo run, documented at the Bioware forums. This was a vanilla playthrough though, so without difficulty increasing mods such as SCS.
    You'll rely heavily on items to buff/protect yourself and to summon decoys/allies (Ras, Kitthix, Elemental Staves, Vhailor's Helm, Horn of Valhalla). Hardiness + off hand Defender of Easthaven (+ Armor of Faith if you're a Paladin) will help reduce physical damage.
    Good main hand weapons include Flail of Ages (for its slow effect and elemental damages) and Foebane (whose bonuses against demons will come in handy and whose no save Larloch's Minor Drain on every hit will help maintain your health).