Skip to content

Importing character from BG1 on Android version into BGII

I'm new to playing BG, and have purchased BGI for my NVidia Shield. Of course like any geek, I'm going through "character class choice paralysis," but the question I have is if I import a character from the tablet version of BGI into BGII, will I get to pick new weapon proficiencies? For example, if I start a Human fighter in BG1 with ** in long swords could I import this toon into BGII and switch to new proficiencies (dropping long swords) for flails (for possibly going dual F/C) ? This link for the core game seems to say that you would get to select new proficiencies after import? http://baldursgate.wikia.com/wiki/Importing_a_Character I assume it would be the same for the Android version?

Comments

• CField17CField17 Member Posts: 122
    No, you can't choose new proficiencies
  • rickcrrickcr Member Posts: 77
    Wow ok. Very good to know! Thanks CField. Currently for my human berserker I went with ** in two hands, and ** in long swords. I started it thinking I'd like to dual to F/M, but I might went to end up F/C so I probably shouldn't have bothered with the two in long swords. Not too big of a deal though since I can just start over since I haven't gotten far with that character. (I'm using a gnome F/illusionist at the moment.... and splittling some time with an inquisitor I rolled up. Can't decide what I want to go with:)
  • McCillianMcCillian Member Posts: 2
    May be helpful to those moving a character file on android. You have to start bg2 and make a character before the game will make the character folder. Then you can just put your file from bg1 into bg2.