Skip to content

Are there penalties for breaking into peoples homes?

So Im currently using Imoen to break into peoples homes, and it doesnt seem like there are any repercussions so far. I mean sometimes the people inside the home will walk up to me and initiate dialogue to tell me to leave or they will call the guards, but they never do, and I just go on about my thieving business as usual.

Do I actually have to worry about anything related to thieving other than hoping they dont see me unlocking some random chest?

Comments

• bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    you don't have to worry, stealing is encouraged.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    if someone sees you stealing they will call the guards on you, and don't kill the guards, because your rep will go down, but if you can do it without getting caught from being seen, then you will be okay

knocking people unconscious will make it so people can't see you steal, although they will be hostile towards you when they wake up, so make sure to have the attack AI turned off, if you are doing that
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    Isn't bad conscience enough? If you can live with that then go ahead.
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    You can also charm the occupants and steal while they are under the effect. They go hostile when it wears off though, so it's usually best to leave before the spell wears off.