Skip to content

Can't progress to level 2 in Yaga-Shura stronghold

countryboy1975countryboy1975 Member Posts: 2
Hi everyone,

In the first level of Yaga-Shura's stronghold I have collected the 4 ward stones and clicked the item in the centre of the room which removed the magical block from the stairs which allow you access to level 2. Despite the game text telling me the way through he stairs is now clear, when I try and go up the stairs the game text tells me it is blocked, coming from the device in he centre of the room. I have tried reloading from outside the stronghold, fighting my through again, but it makes no difference. I am using the iPad version of the game. Any helpful insights most appreciated.

Thanks
Steve

Comments

• jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Well BG2EE on iOS hasn't been updated to 1.3 yet, (apparently Apple found a bug?), so there are all manner of issues with the game currently. My advice would be to wait for the patch and start over :(
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited January 2015
    Known issue. There are work arounds to try, though.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/30042/has-anyone-finished-tob-on-ipad-running-into-a-gamebreaking-bug

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/29967/ipad-gamebreaking-force-field-in-yaga-sura-s-lair-not-dropping-in-spite-of-quest-xp-being-awarded

Copied from another thread from a post of @Illydth

Yaga-Shura's Lair, Workaround for stairwell force field not being removed on the iPad.
    -------------------------
    In Yaga-Shura's Lair, the player is forced to use a device in the center of the room to clear a force field covering the stairwell up to the next level.

On the iPad version, that force field does not COMPLETELY remove itself, even after clicking on the device. This does NOT happen on the Windows / MAC Versions, only the iPad.

After clicking on the device, some of the stairwell IS cleared, just not all of it. Clicking on steps 3 through about 6 will continue to give the "Force field" message, while clicking above about the 6th step will cause the party to move. To get past this problem, then, click up toward the top of the stairwell (at or close to the exit to the next level) and the character will walk over the "force fielded" area to exit up to the next level.
  • countryboy1975countryboy1975 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the feedback guys, I obviously didn't search hard enough prior to asking my question. I'll try the workaround,. Thanks again.