Skip to content

BG2: The black Pit 2 (infinite money trick)

Found a bug in one of the shopping areas. Gives you infinite money if you have the time, or just give you the extra you needed if your close to buy the new armor for your frontliner and is just a few gold behind. (and it sucks to go battling because your so close)

It's quite handy and is often really, really, really tempting to missuse.

1. Talk to Dulf Ebonbeard (the mage in the lobby, you get a note on your journal as he have problem with senility)
2. Talk to Bellowgulp (the potion guy) and ask him to brew a potion for Dulf. It cost 100 gold to make.
3. Continue step 2 untill you are out of money. (he never quit, at least if you never give Dulf the potion)
4. Sell your potion to Bellowgulp. He gives you 300 gold a piece. Thats 200 netto.
5. Continue to abuse this untill you have enough money, or are just bored and want to fight again.

Feel free to add this in the bug section. But its just more of a trick really than a bug. Easy to avoid.

Comments

• FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Using the console's a lot faster ;)

Good find though.
  • AeonQuasarAeonQuasar Member Posts: 16
    Yeah. It does goes faster with console, (a lot actually), but that's perhaps more cheating imo. This is more a flaw in the game design. (still count as cheat dough, but a bit less ;) )

Still I found the money issue only to be a problem in the first part of the pit. In the end I often have so much money I don't really know what to do with it.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Thanks for the bug report. :)
  • YannirYannir Member Posts: 595
    I noticed the same thing. Forgot about it too actually but now that u say it, I did this a few times on my last run. Didn't really abuse it, since I thought he might run out of potions.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Yeah I noticed that, too. Devs should make it a quest item-unsellable.