Skip to content

TWO Rasaads?

Did a search and did not see this point raised.
I have two games running at present, one with a UH the other with a Ranger.
I usually don't hire Rasaad.
In both games, when I return from Firewine to Nashkel, there are TWO Rasaads standing side by each outside the Nashkel Inn. Both act individually but if you attack one, they both fight back.
Too cute for words. Anyone else have this happen?

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Nope. You running any mods?
  • SharguildSharguild Member Posts: 186
    No Mods. And they don't disappear when I leave map and return, they stay for keeps. Tonight I'll try hiring one and see what happens.... stay tuned, heh.
  • AdsoAdso Member Posts: 122
    I just had this happen, 1.3.2053 install from GoG on MacOSX.
  • simplessimples Member Posts: 540
    can you recruit both of them?
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    Not only do I have two Rasaads, but there's also a pair of Amnian Soldiers sharing the same physical space, so neither of them can move.

Looks like some serious eddies in the space/time continuum in Nashkel.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Is this a new game or an older save @BillyYank ?
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    New game. Version 1.3.2053. I just recently bought the game, so I've never had an earlier version. OS is Windows 8.1.
    The soldiers have been like that for days. Leaving the map and save/quit/reload doesn't break them up.
    I never took Rasaad into my party and never talked to him beyond the initial dialog. I first noticed the two of them when I was about level 3 or 4, so I wonder if it has anything to do with switching out the character to match the party's level. I just checked and they're both level 4.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    edited June 2015
    I haven't personally experienced the Two Rasaads bug as a random occurrence, but certainly it can happen as a result of certain actions.

For example, if you haven't yet spoken to Rasaad by the time you return from the Nashkel Mine, then
    when you get ambushed by Nimbul outside the Nashkel Inn, Rasaad will rush in and help you in the fight (although his circle remains neutral blue),
    and if you recruit him after this has happened then (much later on, in Chapter 5) his quest will fail to trigger (which is a known bug, the devs are working on it). You can fix the problem (with EEkeeper or the cheat console) by manually creating the global variable RASAAD_PLOT and setting its value to 1, but if you set this variable without first recruiting Rasaad into the party, then a second Rasaad will spawn beside the original Rasaad, just as shown in the screenshots above.

Perhaps there is some other action in the game which can (erroneously) set the RASAAD_PLOT variable without Rasaad in the party, and thereby cause the Two Rasaads bug.
    I started with v 1.3 (see earlier post up thread), and it happened after coming back from Gullykin. I had talked to him initially when I first went to Nashkel town, but didn't recruit at that time.
  • SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827
    Ones a doppelganger, just gonna have to kill them both to make sure get it.
    @Elminister is this in the "to fix" queue, or are more 1.3 save games needed?
  • brunardobrunardo Member Posts: 526
    Double dragon!