Skip to content

Rassad poached XP by exploding Nimbul

I had my first laughing uncontrollably and swearing at the screen moment in BG-land. I came back to town from clearing Nashkel Mines, and get attacked by Nimbul in front of the Inn. I pincushion him with various missiles and right when he's about done, Rasaad comes over (blue circle/neutral) and kicks him in the head once, exploding Nimbul across the front of the Nashkel inn. No XP was awarded. Thanks Rasaad, you Taffer!

Also, oddly he starts talking to me like he's never seen me before...

This is with a GoG version that installed as 1.3 in case it relates to any future Rasaad duplication.

Comments

• lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    It is not a bug, some npcs are programmed to help the party even while they are out of the party. In bg2, Nalia will attack the enemies in Copper Coronet even though when she is not in the party. Though Korgan or Anomen will care less if you are gutted infront of them. Maybe it is tied to their alignment? (Nalia and Rasaad are both good)

You don't miss a lot of xp anyway, IIRC Nimbul is worth xp equal to that of a ghast. (Which is far easier to destroy with ranged weapons)
  • AdsoAdso Member Posts: 122
    Yeah, I know it's not a bug, though I am on the lookout for the Rasaad duplication since he acted like he had never talked to me before (I hadn't had him in the party yet). I know since this is a modless-1.3 install it shouldn't have the dupe bug come up anyway, despite the repeated dialog.

No prob on the missing 650 xp, I just found his "help" un-needed. ;)
    Aaand, now there are 2 Rasaads. As mentioned before, this is a 1.3.2053 install from GoG on MacOSX.
    see attached.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    I have spotted something quite unusual in your game:

In your party there's Imoen, Kivan, Minsc , Xan, Dynaheir and Brawnwen. Did you die and make Imoen the new protagonist?
    edited January 2015
    The Kivan portrait is just selected for my Elf/Archer. It's not Kivan. I also made Imoen my party leader due to best CHR. No mods or EE-K editing, etc.