Skip to content

gnome F/Illusionist ok with these starting proficiencies?

I started a gnome fighter/illusionist (about 10 hours) that I plan to carry to BG2. I gave him two ** in long swords and ** in dual wield. Is that going to gimp me later on? Should I have chosen short swords instead?
TIA

Comments

• lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited January 2015
    Longswords are good, there is one powerful and essy enough to get in bg, and in bg2 there are several options. Shortswords are not bad, but are for the backstabbers for whom speed factor is more of a key.

In bg1 a bow is very powerful, to have an easier time start with longbow++ and as you lvl up, build up your two weapon style and start dual wielding at higher lvls (at low lvls dual wielding is kinda weak) you don't have to start over, just put a proficiency in bows at fighter lvl3, it will give you an easier time in bg1. In bg2 it is not much use, so it is not a very long term plan, but you will get so many proficiencies and you can only get ** in any weapon anyway. It is not like you are missing out grandmastery.
  • YannirYannir Member Posts: 595
    Longswords are a great option for dual-wielding. For the extra spells you might want Dakkon's Zerth Blade, which is a katana. You can buy it in BG2.

You'll get the points before having the money to buy the blade so don't worry about distribution.