Skip to content

[Windows] Friends Spell Does Not Give Any In-Store Discount Despite Positive Reaction Modification

HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
edited January 2015 in IWD:EE Bugs (v1.4.0)
Observed: Prices in shops remain the same, despite use of "Friends" spell which altered mage's charisma from 18 to 23 - mage did the talking in all merchant scenarios.

Expected: Price should drop with reaction increase. Otherwise this makes the Friends spell all but useless. In the original IWD, this spell saved me a great deal of money.

Notes:
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU X 990 @ 3.47GHz (12 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
Memory: 12278MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
Dual AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series Graphics Card

Comments

• MelicampMelicamp Member Posts: 243
    Yikes. If this is an issue hopefully it can be a first patch fix.
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    Yeah, a bit frustrating when you build out a mage with a high charisma score and take Friends as your starting spell to find it doesn't work. Ah well, more Yeti killing for me I guess.
  • hook71hook71 Member, Developer Posts: 582
    Was the mage party leader as well? I think the discount is based on the party leader's charisma (and the party's reputation of course).
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    edited January 2015
    hook71 said:

Was the mage party leader as well? I think the discount is based on the party leader's charisma (and the party's reputation of course).

Ha, it worked. You're cool in my book. Still, in the OG this did not have to be the case. In fact, one has to wonder why the "$" icon showing a certain character is buying, exists, if their reaction adjustment doesn't matter. I for one would like it to work by having whoever speaks to the merchant, get the discount - as I believe it was before? (Feel free to prove me wrong there).