Skip to content

*HELP* Some issues with my multiplayer session

I purchased BG:EE about a month ago for myself and a friend, looking for a nostalgic punch of awesomeness. Unfortunately we've been having quite a few issues with the built-in multiplayer.

We had played about 2 hours in game, but I since built a new computer and didn't transfer the old-saved game. My friend loaded our session (although I was the host last time) and both characters were there, but mine had no xp. After playing for about 20 minutes on his hosted game, I got booted from game. I came back in and found that my character now had 0 xp. I tried playing and noticed that I would get dropped from the game every so often.

So my questions:

Do I need to start a new session with my friend, or is it possible for me to start a new character, and for us to merge the two sessions?

Is my original character recoverable (without the old save file)?

Will characters lose xp when the get dropped from a session? If this is the case, I would say that I wasted $20 on BG:EE.

If anyone can provide some answers to these questions it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited January 2015
    No, but it is possible to make a new character.

No. Unless you want me to re-create it from scratch (shouldn't take much, but now I'm going to sleep).

No, at least not normally nor under the influence of any bug that I know (I've tested MP a lot in the EEs and I've never heard something similar).

EDIT: it's actually an option that the host has set. Not a bug. Will provide a screenshot in seconds...
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155

Check for that in Multiplayer->Host New Game->Preferences->Options. Be sure your friend has that properly set :)
    JuliusBorisov