Skip to content

Questions on gameplay

Hello, I saw that it was possible in BGEE ad then BG2EE to make up your whole custom party using multiplayer, and then move the save over to single player so you can play single player. I did this and I was able to fully complete BG. In BG2EE I have come across a couple of instances where it seems the game forces me to add in an NPC to do their quest lines. Is there no way to do these without the NPCs, one is Neera, another is Valygar Corthala. I tried to remove 1 of my players and add them temporarily however my player then disappeared. I do not want to dump my player like that and lose them after building them up, is there some place they go and I could gain them back when I finish an NPC's questline?

Comments

• kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    It's been a long while since I tried that trick, but it's possible they are sent to the Copper Coronet in the Slums.

What you might do is to export (save) one of your characters, remove them from the party, and then complete all the NPC specific quests. Once you're done, load the save up in Multiplayer mode again and add back the saved character in the empty slot. Then, move the save back to single player and finish the game. As with any experiment, make backup saves before you try anything so you won't lose progress if it doesn't work.