Skip to content

Help on targeting mobs during combat?

Sorry if this has been asked before (can't really find a search these forums feature? but did try Google.)

I haven't played BG on my Mac, but have started it on my Android table (nvidia shield), so not sure if there is a difference here between the puter version vs tablet... One thing I'm having a bit of trouble with is making sure the correct mob is selected. There really is no feedback in the UI at all, so when they're all bunched together I'm having to 'hope' that I selected the correct one I intended to select (which usually when zoomed all the way in, and without a large group of mobs, is not too difficult.)

Is there any way to have the selected target's ring just highlight for a second to make sure you know you got the right one? Sometimes I'll see the four arrows surrounding a target so I know that's what the AI picked as the target, but once I start manually trying to select them it's frustrating that there is no feedback? Seems like such a simple thing to implement that I'm wondering if there is something I'm doing wrong?

Also what do most people set as their auto-pause settings? I'm using enemy sighted, weapon unusable, character injured, and character's target destroyed.

Comments

• FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    I haven't played on tablet, but even on PC I find pausing to be fundamental in commanding my characters. I imagine it would be even more so on tablets. Pause lots and use the zoom to find your targets. The target should be surrounded by the arrows regardless of whether you or the AI picked it.
    jackjack
  • rickcrrickcr Member Posts: 77

The target should be surrounded by the arrows regardless of whether you or the AI picked it.

Hmm does it due this even when you select a different target? For example your party is all fighting one target, and your mage wants to target a different mob as the recipient of a spell, and you select that enemy do you see the arrows surround that target? I'm not seeing that happen on the tablet that's for sure.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    I'm forgetting if those arrows appear at all for spell targeting.