Skip to content

Can't find folders/got Rasaad's Quest to work (FIXED)

harperfan7harperfan7 Member Posts: 30
Where are the script and baldur.ini folders located? (I need the script folder, but I figured I'd go ahead and do the baldur.ini while I'm at it)

here's what my BG folders look like:
http://tinypic.com/r/2q8u7ur/8
Post edited by harperfan7 on

Comments

• MusignyMusigny Member Posts: 1,027
    The baldur.ini file is right in front of your eyes...
    You have to change your folder options if you want to see the extensions (.ini in that case).

Now this file contains a sql statement to create the table of a database.
  • harperfan7harperfan7 Member Posts: 30
    Okay, so the baldur.ini folder is the "Baldurs Gate - Enhanced Edition" folder....wish people would have explained that in any of the threads I read.

And what? sql? tables and databases?
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    What is what you would like to do? I use notepad++ to edit baldur.ini .
    edited January 2015
    My scripts folder location in windows 8: c:\Users\actual user\AppData\Local\BeamDog\Player\Games\00798\scripts\

So actually it is in your main game folder, which location varies dependent of what operation system you have and from where you bought the game (GoG, Steam, Beamdog, ?).

It can be in the Program Files or somewhere in the User folder, i think.
    Well, I bought if from steam and I have windows (not sure which). I want to use Erg's script on Rasaad to get his quest to start:
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/16708/rasaads-quest
    I can't find anything BG related in the program files, and the User folder doesn't seem to have anything that documents doesn't. What am I missing here?
    I can't find anything BG related in the program files, and the User folder doesn't seem to have anything that documents doesn't. What am I missing here?
    edited January 2015
    If you use Steam then your game is under a Steam library folder.
    Check your steam config : launch steam -> settings -> Downloads -> Steams Library Folders.
    It will give you the inital path. From there you will probably find your game under steamapps\common\
    And finally you need to browse the tree down to the scripts subdirectory.
    Okay, it lists something under program files (x86)
    which doesnt exist when I search it under the C drive, but does exist if I search it in start
    however, the only thing it gives me is a list of steam games Ive installed, which if clicked on will start those games
    there's no tree to browse
    edited January 2015
    I'm not familiar with steam games. But i think you should set "Show hidden files, folders and drives" in the folder settings. If you have that setting then sorry.
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    You should find it here:

SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\
    Okay, I never knew to do the "show hidden files" thing. Took me a bit to figure out. Erg's script doesn't show up in-game, but at least I know where the script folder is now, so thanks for that, Iolien and Pibaro!

For people like me (unsaavy windows users), here's how to do it (on my version of windows):

Go to start, search "folder options", which shows up under control panel
    In "general", click "Show all folders", then go to the "view" tab, open "Hidden files and folders", then click "Show hidden files, folders, and drives" - I don't know if both are necessary, but it worked for me

Now, go to start, then computer, then "localdisc(C)", then "Programfiles(x86)", then "Steam", then "Steamapps", then "common", then "Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition", then "scripts"

Problem is, I unzipped Erg's folder, put it in scripts, followed his instructions, got the "Done and done, be on your way!" and still no dark moon monk ambush in the docks at night
    (shrugs)
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    You can ask @Erg‌
    :)
    I know that I need to put this in the console:
    C:SetGlobal("Rasaad_Plot","GLOBAL",1)

But I can't figure out how to open it, though I'm working on it
    Anybody know why the baldur.ini file won't let me save anything to it? It's not a read-only. I'm using notepad++
    CRTL+SPACE while you are in game
    You also need to set 'Program Options', 'Debug Mode', '1', in your baldur.ini file.
    I did that, it won't stay, though. I save, but every time I open it back up, it's gone.
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/17723/debug-mode-not-working
    2nd post of this thread did the trick

I tried the console workaround in the 2nd post of this thread:
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/34783/known-unable-to-get-rasaad-quest-to-trigger-after-entering-docks
    to no avail

I really don't know what to do at this point.
    well, dunno what I did, but it worked this time.

I can open the console with CTRL+Space and CTRL+M, and it worked with CTRL+Space

Thanks for your help, everybody, and if you were having the same problem, just follow what I did.