Skip to content

Problem with sound/voice in Neera's part of the game

Hello,

just a quick note - every character from Neera's part of the game (starting with the meeting in Bridge District) has a bit altered voice - sounds as if from a completely empty room, if you get what I mean.

It didn't happen before and I guess my question is if anyone encountered this before (is it known) before I start reinstalling my whole game.

Comments

• MaxxximusMaxxximus Member Posts: 322
    emm and how reinstalling the game will help u ? openal, sound driver, maybe, game unlikely.
  • LathlaerLathlaer Member Posts: 475
    Well, since the problem appears only in a specific component of the game (every other sound of every other character is normal) I figured it's not likely to be a problem with my setup. I will check another one (Rasaad since as it happens I'm near him right now) and see if it's only Neera or perhaps every sound related to EE.
    Lathlaer said:

Well, since the problem appears only in a specific component of the game (every other sound of every other character is normal) I figured it's not likely to be a problem with my setup. I will check another one (Rasaad since as it happens I'm near him right now) and see if it's only Neera or perhaps every sound related to EE.

yeah EE chars sounds not "good" except dorn, his voice recorded pretty well i think.
    Lathlaer said:

So what was causing reverberation effect?
  • LathlaerLathlaer Member Posts: 475
    I don't really know. No mods, game reinstalled, still in effect. Moreover, it seems I'm not the only one:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/37920/rasaad-sound-issue#latest

This thread describes exactly what I'm experiencing. And I have it with Neera's part as well as Rasaad.

I attach my save from Bridge District right before the scene introducing Neera. You can see for yourself if it's in effect ;)