Skip to content

Items should not weigh ten times stated weight

imperviousimpervious Member Posts: 14
edited January 2015 in BG:EE Mods
I just started a new BG EE game. My characters quarterstaff, which says it should weigh four pounds, weighs forty. This is the second game I started with this problem. I thought I would try restarting the game. I am using mods, although not many compared to how I played years ago on regular Baldur's Gate. Mods used are:
BG1 NPC for EE
Mini quests
Adjantis
Neera
Romantic Encounters
Deidre & Jolov
Team BG Armor Pack
Team BG Weapon Pack
Sword Coast Stratagems
BG Tweaks
Installed in that order. Does anyone know which, if any, of these mods could be causing the problem? I have searched through the bug threads and the trouble shooting thread, but found nothing similar. Could it be the order the mods are loaded?

Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    edited January 2015
    Just started a new game and my starting quarterstaff weighed 4 pounds as expected. So yeah one of your mods must be causing it. Don't know which one though. If I had to guess, it'd be one of the mods that focuses on altering content, (e.g. BG Tweaks), rather than a mod that adds content, but I'm really not sure. You should probably move this thread to the mods section, as it's not actually a BG:EE bug.
    Hurricane
  • HudzyHudzy Member Posts: 300
    edited January 2015
    Well it almost certainly isn't BG1 NPC, Mini quests, Romantic encounters, SCS, or Tweaks, since I'm using those with no such issue.

I'm assuming you're using BG2 Tweaks.
  • AsthnerAsthner Member Posts: 83
    My guess is something went horribly wrong with the installation of SCS or BG2Tweaks, as only these mods change game mechanics and touch vanilla items.
    Can you attach your weidu.log file? Someone could look at the particular components installed and perhaps spy some conflict.

The *.debug files of those mods might also be useful.