Skip to content

hey remember that whole "we shouldn't have same-sex relationships in games" thing

simplessimples Member Posts: 540
turns out we're just people too

he worded it brilliantly to be honest.
RavenslightSon_of_ImoenBlackravenMusigny

Comments

• Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    A wonderful video, simples. In the beginning it makes me quit sad, the experience of not being able to hold hands casually in public is very vividly exposed by him. Makes me cringe, when I walk into town and see all those straight people holding hands and only very rarely gay people together, it's such an impoverisation of public space, to see only hetero outings (same thing annoys me in music).

But the video ends in a positive tone. Watch it till the end, is my advice to those who find it long.

There's nothing about videogames in the video though. But yeah, gay people are as normal as anyone else and same-sex relationships should be part of cultural outings just the same, be they games, or music, or movies, or books. Or fora.
    BlackravenMusignyronaldojackjack
  • simplessimples Member Posts: 540
    thanks @Son_of_Imoen‌ . sent this to my dad a while ago and his response was (in a nutshell) "oh now i sort of get what you're going through and what your life must be like, sorry for not taking it that seriously." (i have been out for more than ten years).

this isn't about video games or music or films.. well it is in a way, because those three things sort of project what "society" or "accepted society" is, so if acceptance and tolerance (hate that word but ok) grows, so will our visibility in films, games and music.

would like to add that there are a lot of lgbt musicians and artists that are widely recognized as being that way. examples in commercial music would be bloc party, tegan and sara, etc
    Blackraven
  • simplessimples Member Posts: 540
    and anthony obviously, if this doesn't make you cry, you are obviously CE
  • MusignyMusigny Member Posts: 1,027

A wonderful video, simples. In the beginning it makes me quit sad, the experience of not being able to hold hands casually in public is very vividly exposed by him. Makes me cringe, when I walk into town and see all those straight people holding hands and only very rarely gay people together, it's such an impoverisation of public space, to see only hetero outings (same thing annoys me in music).

But the video ends in a positive tone. Watch it till the end, is my advice to those who find it long.

There's nothing about videogames in the video though. But yeah, gay people are as normal as anyone else and same-sex relationships should be part of cultural outings just the same, be they games, or music, or movies, or books. Or fora.

A 30 year old song in french. Still popular.
    Even if the primary subject is the third gender (and intersexuation in French), the chorus is much more general and it is about holding hands.