Skip to content

Optimised for iPhone 5 - con artists

Once the toolbar automatically collapses it's impossible to get them back. Stating that it's optimised for iPhone 5 is a con. After researching the problem it seems it's been continuing for months now. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Create an option for static toolbars or raise the button to resurrect them.

Such a classic game with a loyal fan base being trampled on. Complete disgrace.

Comments

• jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    edited January 2015
    I share your frustration. The problem is that the extreme bottom of the screen is reserved for the swipe-up control center on iOS 7 and up. It's almost as if nobody tested this on iOS devices. This is a known bug that is fixed in IWDEE and BG2EE. BGEE is just waiting for the same update. In the meantime, the only workaround I've found is to turn on zoom in the accessibility options and magnify that corner of the screen.
    Not that this is a realistic solution, but eventually, BGEE will get fixed too.
    :|
  • FaydarkFaydark Member Posts: 279
    edited February 2015
    When referring to software (in particular, games), and without extra context, "optimised" usually refers to having written parts of the rendering and logic code to specifically take advantage of the hardware or platform. Writing multiple code paths, for single core, multicore, different methods of getting the best rendering performance etc.

I'm pretty sure they did this for the iPhone 5 (and other platforms) and so the use of the term is appropriate for their marketing purposes.

That there is a bug in the UI does not negate this.

Such a classic game with a loyal fan base being trampled on. Complete disgrace.

By all means, feel free to continue playing that classic game on your iPhone 5, you don't have to use Beamdogs EE versions...