Skip to content

RPing question

GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
Ok, here goes. I'm having a playthrough now with a lawful evil blackguard. The fluff behind it, that rather than sell his soul to a demon he sold it to a fallen deva. He is someone who destroys evil without a worry about 'morality' or 'forgiveness.' It is evil, it dies, without a chance for redemption. And without a care on what the heavens think of him or his actions.

The party thus far is:

* Charname: The destroyer of evil
* Imoen: A thief is needed, and none of the others really fit. He'd likely kill Safana and Coran for their loose morals, Alora would just be annoying...
* Kivan: An elf obsessed with vengeance should fit right in
* Branwen: She attacked her mercenary company because it was evil, and after losing horribly vowed to not leave until she brought them to justice
* Xan: Because yes, they are all doomed. :)

The question:

Would Yeslick fit in as the 6th man?

On one hand, he expresses the desire to make right the wrongs done with his clan home. But would he stick around in a party which is so merciless? The two things which I can think of that would turn him off...

(1) A guard begs for his life. Charname kills him anyways
(2) Daeverorn's apprentice begs for his life. Charname interrogates the lad and then kills him.

I'm not sure how the dwarf would react to these actions. Any thoughts on the matter would be appreciated.

Comments

• MhamzaMhamza Member Posts: 228
    Not entirely sure how he'd react to be honest but he'd seem like a good fit in your party. Remember he was betrayed and his whole clan is dead, so he's definitely after vengeance, he just doesn't show it as much as Kivan.
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    His good side might conflict a bit at times, but he only has an intelligence of 7 so your character could probably manipulate him if he gets surly. And, let's face it, most of the time you'll be smacking things that really need to be smacked so Yeslick might be inclined to overlook some of the more extreme measures.
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Thanks for the responses! I've decided to keep him. So far I even like how he says "violence only solves the simplest of problems. For the really tough ones, you have to use your head."

Still, he should be happy that we got to off Rieltar (the first play through that I've initiated conflict in that fight).
  • 6kNNRQ6kNNRQ Member Posts: 16
    edited January 2015
    While I don't think Druids are a replacement for a Cleric, I think Faldorn is a better fit than Yesslick.

Faldorn, like your charname, does not hesitate to bring violence upon anyone standing in the way of her singleminded goals.
    She would certainly kill Daeveron's apprentice and everyone else in the cloakwood mines.
    Post edited by 6kNNRQ on
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    You should install the NPC Project. I think you'd like how Yeslick reacts to Rieltar at the top of the library.
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    edited January 2015
    I only play on the IOS. I really wish I could install that mod. :(

And good call on Faldorb! I wish that I thought of that.