Skip to content

Thieves Guild quests

I started doing the quests for Narlen, and am having some issues... I completed the first one, but the second - where you steal the gem from Gantolandan - I cannot seem to do... The gem is no where in the house, and I cannot pickpocket it from him (pickpocket skilled at 40)... If he wakes up, he just wastes my ass... I have read elsewhere that it is bugged... if this is the case, do I need to complete this quest to get the best out of the guild, or can i skip it and suffer with the perpetual journal entry (annoying)... Any other help appreciated!

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited January 2015
    You may have unknowingly already gone through the house before the quest. I believe its found in the drawer or chest next to his bed.

Also are you running any mods?
  • baldurskjdbaldurskjd Member Posts: 67
    edited January 2015
    I can confirm that if you already went in a stole the jewel before you started the quest if you still have the jewel you can go back to the guild and he will be waiting for you. But you still have to meet him at the blade and stars.
  • ValferysValferys Member Posts: 47
    im not running any mods

im also not sure if i looted the house or not... i can try picking up a gem from a shop if that would work, and seeing if it completes the quest...
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited January 2015
    Yes if you sold the rogue stone to a shop you can buy it back and use it to complete the quest.
  • FandraxxFandraxx Member Posts: 193
    Like a true thief! Steal the gem, Make Money! *realization* Wait, Whaddya mean I'm gonna need it later? *thinks of a plan* Narlen, can you spot me 1500 gold?