Skip to content

New feature request - seamless transfer of saves between systems

RonnaannRonnaann Member Posts: 48
Is this the right place to put in a feature request?

I have a few versions of bg2 (mac/android/ipad).
But transferring a save from one to another is annoying (if not impossible).
What would be great if I could open my game on one system (mac) and then play a game that I had been playing on another (ipad) without having to go through I whole lot of bother.

Any chance that something like this will be implemented?

Comments

• rickcrrickcr Member Posts: 77
    Agreed it would be great to have this functionality built in (but I see some of the challenges with it from a developer perspective.. would require a patch to all versions for sure), but in the mean time I have it working between my Mac and my Android tablet:

I'm using dropsync on my Android to keep the game in sync with the version on my Mac. Working great.
    I just store my saves directory on Dropbox and then have a symbolic link pointing to that saves directory on my Mac... eg
    ~/Documents/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition
    save -> /Users/rick/Dropbox/BGEE-1-SAVES/

Then on my tablet I installed dropsync and just pointed the BG:EE save directory to sync with the dropbox directory save dir above. It's working well so far. Got the instructions from here http://www.reddit.com/r/baldursgate/comments/2psf0g/bgee_sync_your_pc_and_android_savegames_over/
    jackjack
  • FaydarkFaydark Member Posts: 279
    This is a feature that has been on the devs todo list since the EE versions were announced, the devs just haven't got around to it yet. It has continually been mentioned by the devs as still on the table, so maybe it'll happen one day =D
    jackjack