Skip to content

level 8 spell pick

Hi all,
i am currently doing a solo no reload run with a sorcerer. In order to avoid SOA being too easy, i will limit myself to the original cap. This will bring me to level 17. Therefore i will have only 2 level 8 spells to pick.

The first one is evidently ADHW.

For the second one, i am still uncertain.
Best options IMO :
- power word blind. really great spell crowd control
- simulacrum. Having a level 11 friend to cast some nice spells can be helpful but nothing too great there IMO
- spell trigger. with no access to timestop and improved alacrity, this one is probably the best pick.

Any comments or other ideas?

Thanks for your help
jackjackBlackraven

Comments

• jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    edited January 2015
    I'd go with Spell Trigger, personally.
    Blackraven
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Yeah spell trigger is awesome. Especially for a solo no reload. Pro from magic weapons+pro from magic energy+stoneskin will save your bacon in an emergency. Fire shield:red+blue+improved inv. or spirit armor in spell trigger. Mirror image+blur or invisibility in a minor sequencer is a life saver as well. Offensively, you can stack 3 sunfires or cone of colds or chain lightning/death fog for a quick assault. 3x skull trap spell sequencer is very deadly but slightly dangerous to use, due to skull trap's low range:too far and the spells will fail. Too close and you risk getting hurt and killed by your own traps. (Not an issue if you have buffed with pro from magic energy, obviously.)

Possibilities are only limited by your other spell selections.
    jackjack
  • mumumomomumumomo Member Posts: 635
    Thanks for the answers. They confirmed my initial thoughts.
    Even without reaching hla levels, the sorcerer remains very very strong.
    Now that i am level 17 with complete equipment (i had to cheese twisted rune though. Don't see how to do it safely without cheesing without timestop), i don't see what could go wrong.

soa will just require a bit more work than just watching a planetar solo the game.