Skip to content

Best weapon / spell against each monster

Just a quick question, because I'm not too sure of the best search terms to use to find what I'm after. Does anyone know of a complete list that details the most effective weapon against each enemy type? I'm putting this question here as it's mostly non-game-specific & likely useful to new players.

Thanks

Comments

• JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    I don't know that anyone's ever compiled a comprehensive list, but I can provide a few general guidelines.

Melee enemies: ranged weapons.
    Ranged enemies: melee weapons.
    Skeletons and clay golems: bashing weapons.
    Groups of living enemies: spells like Sleep, Horror, and Emotion.
    Groups of undead enemies: spells like Web and Hold Undead, or abilities like Turn Undead.
    Golems: physical attacks (they're immune to magic).
    Fire/cold monsters: damage of the opposite type (cold for fire enemies, for example).
    Spellcasters: Poison and other damage over time, from weapons or special abilities. Possibly also Dispel and Breach spells, if they have defensive spells up.
    Trolls: Fire or acid once they're down (anything works to get them down).

Overall: Ranged or bashing are the best weapon types. Crowd control is really good at lower levels. Try not to rely entirely on physical damage *or* on spellcasting to deal with enemies, as some enemies are hard to take down with just one of the two. Make sure to have at least one person who can do decent bashing damage.

Can anyone think of anything I've missed?