Skip to content

Does Anyone Know the Local Variable For Being Turned Into A Squirrel?

So, while were in the Wild Forest, Yoshimo got hit by a wild surge and polymorphed into a squirrel. Hey, it happens to the best of us.

I would have reloaded immediately, but I didn't realise right away that this is what had happened. His character model didn't change - his Strength just dropped to three. I was in the middle of a fight, I didn't look very carefully, figured that he'd been Ability Drained. After the fight, I quicksaved and left the zone.

It soon became apparent that there was more wrong with poor Yoshi than a simple Restoration could fix - he can't hold any weapons because he has paws and is stuck with squirrel-level Strength. No condition showing on his character sheet, though, and nothing a Temple could do about it. I killed and resurrected him to see if that would fix it ... and now he has the squirrel model as well. *facepalm*

It's been a week in game, so I don't think it's going to wear off naturally, and with both my quicksave and autosave slots beset by this curse, reloading would involve redoing hours of gameplay. Since his stats and model look normal in EE Keeper, I figure there must be a Local Variable at work, but there's nothing in his Effects list that looks like a likely culprit.

(If it weren't for his terrible walking speed, I would be tempted to leave him like this. He's still perfectly good at finding traps and picking locks, and he never killed that many things anyway. And the idea of watching the rest of his story play out with him in squirrel form does have a certain appeal ...)

Comments

• SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    Andraste said:

So, while were in the Wild Forest, Yoshimo got hit by a wild surge and polymorphed into a squirrel. Hey, it happens to the best of us.

I would have reloaded immediately, but I didn't realise right away that this is what had happened. His character model didn't change - his Strength just dropped to three. I was in the middle of a fight, I didn't look very carefully, figured that he'd been Ability Drained. After the fight, I quicksaved and left the zone.

It soon became apparent that there was more wrong with poor Yoshi than a simple Restoration could fix - he can't hold any weapons because he has paws and is stuck with squirrel-level Strength. No condition showing on his character sheet, though, and nothing a Temple could do about it. I killed and resurrected him to see if that would fix it ... and now he has the squirrel model as well. *facepalm*

It's been a week in game, so I don't think it's going to wear off naturally, and with both my quicksave and autosave slots beset by this curse, reloading would involve redoing hours of gameplay. Since his stats and model look normal in EE Keeper, I figure there must be a Local Variable at work, but there's nothing in his Effects list that looks like a likely culprit.

(If it weren't for his terrible walking speed, I would be tempted to leave him like this. He's still perfectly good at finding traps and picking locks, and he never killed that many things anyway. And the idea of watching the rest of his story play out with him in squirrel form does have a certain appeal ...)

Here are somes things you could try.

1.) Remove curse.
    2.) Use a polymorph item like the cloak of sewers to see what happens.
    3.) Use the arcane spell polymorph others.

You could manually change back his stats in shadowkeeper, i sadly don't know which effect the squirrel polymorph would be.
  • AndrasteAndraste Member Posts: 78
    The Cloak of the Sewers worked, hooray! Thanks for the suggestion!
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    Andraste said:

The Cloak of the Sewers worked, hooray! Thanks for the suggestion!

You're welcome, now take good care of poor Yoshimo :smiley: