Skip to content

Hot Keys: Quick Loot, switch thief armor, group ranged to melee, dualing to missile & shield, etc.

You will NOT be able to use these as-is unless you miraculously have the exact same setup as me. But if you're willing to dabble, you can quickly edit them to work with your setup.

Couple of tips:

- Keep each process condition = icewind.exe. That way the hotkeys are only active in-game.

- I'm running a 2 monitor, 1920 x 1200 setup, running the game full screen. My macros key off the bottom right corner of the RIGHT screen. The ones involving mouse events won't work on my left monitor or on a different resolution.

- Unless you have the same in-game hotkeys as me (F=inventory, A=melee, D=ranged, W=select all, etc.) and same party setup as me (4 member party order of F, F/T, C, Sorc), they won't work as-is. Bottom line is you'll have to edit them or create your own.

http://www.hot-keyboard.com/download/ <- 21 day trial

Hot Keyboard Pro IWD EE macros.hk4backup <- import into hot keyboard as a starting point.

What they do:

- Toggle Quick Loot

- Toggle Dialogue window

- Select groups of char like (1,2,4) or (1,3,4) not available in the standard options

- Switch everyone to ranged

- Switch everyone to melee (except char 4, the Sorc, who remains ranged)

- Switch char 2's armor (the F/T). Doesn't work in combat

- Switch selected char from missile & shield to dual wielding.

- Switch selected char dual wield to missile & shield.

Last 3 macros assume armor in inventory slot bottom row far right, second melee/missile weapon top row far right, shield bottom row second from right.

All the macros involving mouse moves are very picky. If you try the dual wield macro when you're already dualing, it won't work and you'll have to reset the items in inventory.