Skip to content

Icewind Dale Beta 1.4 and purchase questions Steam

Airman1991Airman1991 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 50
Hello, I was wondering if I were to buy Icewind Dale on Steam if I would be able to participate in the 1.4 beta when it comes out in a few weeks. Also would beamdog still get the money from the purchase or would it go to a third party. If so, I will just get it from beamdog when I get paid. Thanks.

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited February 2015
    I don't know if its been revealed yet how the patch will be handled. As in whether or not its going to be a patch that has a beta period or if its just going to be released.

Steam takes a pretty big chunk of the money if you purchase the game from them. At least that is my understanding of the situation. Purchasing from Beamdog would mean the developers get more of the money.
  • Airman1991Airman1991 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 50
    OK. Thank you. @elminster
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    elminster said:

I don't know if its been revealed yet how the patch will be handled. As in whether or not its going to be a patch that has a beta period or if its just going to be released.

Steam takes a pretty big chunk of the money if you purchase the game from them. At least that is my understanding of the situation. Purchasing from Beamdog would mean the developers get more of the money.

I've always bought my Enhanced Edition games direct from Beamdog for this very reason