Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

We need your feedback on the new forum text editor switch.
Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

(Windows 7) Game Crash during Char Creation and Haer'dalis Conversation

Hello, I am in the middle of my first play through of BG 2:EE with the latest patch and no mods installed. I experienced crashes during the character creation, specifically while browsing through portraits for a new character. However I was able to import an old character from BG:EE and start the game without any problems.

Also, my game crashes as soon as I begin a conversation with Haer'dalis in Mekrath's Lair. This happens when I initiate conversation when he is charmed before giving Mekrath the mirror and also after I give Mekrath the mirror and Haer'dalis initiates conversation in the central area.

In both of the instances the screen freezes up and I have to ctrl+alt+del. I have tried reloading multiple times to no effect.
Thanks.