Skip to content

iPad v 1.3.2064 no weapon on icon, green yellow stats, wrong portraits

I have 4 issues with new patch
1) on the right side, the portraits now show stats in different colours. What do these indicate?

2) when I activate a weapon to attack, it no longer shows on my characters's portrait on the right (spells still do). This means I can't tell if I have correctly told my character to attack an enemy

3) I thought if a NPC has the same portrait as mine, it was supposed to change its portrait? (is there any way to get portraits that I purchased back from BG1?

4) When I go to overwrite a saved file now, when the keyboard comes up the rest of the screen goes off screen, so that I cannot see to type in a new name.

Am I the only one with these issues? my iPad is old (iPad 2) so never upgraded to ios 7 or 8 (still on 6.whatever).

Comments

• lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited February 2015
    I use Ipad2 still on ios6. as well, my friend. About your issues:

1-you mean hitpoints show up in different colors on portraits? It gives a general idea about how well the character is, white is full health-no wounds, green is okay, near to full hp, yellow and orange-wounded and red-dying. I turned off the hp showing on portraits by editing baldur.ini via ifunbox, however. I play on slightly larger fonts and those hp numbers bother my eyes on portraits.

2-It does not register the weapon icon on character portraits while paused, right. When unpaused, the weapon icons show on attacking character's portraits as usual.

3-you can put any custom portraits into your ipad via using ifunbox. A form of limited modding is available even. All without a jailbreak. Which character still has the same portrait as you, it may be a bug.

4-yeah it happens to me as well, but when you tap the hide keyboard button on the keyboard, it goes down and you can see what you have written.

The game plays well enough on Ipad2 and ancient ios6.x, however, I am glad I am not the only person who plays like this.
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    I've only played the new patch a tiny bit (also on ipad2 but ios8) and also noticed that weapons don't show on the portrait when paused. I'm not crazy about that. Seems like it would be pretty easy to have a character accidentally standing around if you don't click his target just right.
    I haven't had the keyboard weirdness happen that I noticed but will keep an eye out if it's a problem on ios8 as well.
  • SakhmetSakhmet Member Posts: 15
    edited February 2015
    Thank you Lunar!

#1 makes sense now.

#2 is a real problem. As Procco noted, Yes, that is exactly what happened to me! I thought I had set my character to hit, and one time I hadn't, and the next I had gone on to the next character which resulted in NPC1 hitting NPC2!

#3 will try it (though it still seems to be a bug).

#4 yes, but i am still typing (and erasing) blind, which must be a bug. Sighs, can't afford a new iPad! Have considered upgrading it to ios8, but fear it will become tooo sloowwwww.
    edited February 2015
    Heh, 2 may be a problem, especially with casting spells. Luckily, spell icons work. You won't be casting a finger of death on your own party member if you are not careful!

However, the absolute worst is using the new wand of lightning on Ipad2. It is horrendous. You need to tap 6 times for each bolt, and you have no idea how many taps register, or how many you have left, and if you tap too strongly or one too many it defaults to attack, instead. Tried for minutes while paused and still couldn't get it to work.

All in all, still, I think it works well enough. I would hate to buy a new Ipad for bg2.
  • howmanyhourshowmanyhours Member Posts: 23
    Hi, I'm playing the v1.3 on an iPad 3 with some version of iOS 7 and can definitely confirm issues 2 and 4 (2 is a real pain, especially as I'd only finished up playing BG:EE a week or so ago and had got used to the weapon's icon coming up on the portrait so I knew the selected character was going to try and crush the skull of the attacking ogre rather than engage them in some friendly mid-battle banter!).
    So it is not only ipad2-ios 6 problem. Thanks for the feedback @howmanyhours